Manuscript Submission CLOSED
Download Sample Paper Format
Download Sample Paper Format (Latex template)
Download IEEE Copyright Form
IEEE plagiarism policy:
Plagiarism FaQ >
- Level One pertains to the uncredited verbatim copying of a full paper, or the verbatim copying of a major portion (> 50%), or verbatim copying within more than one paper by the same author(s)
- Level Two pertains to the uncredited verbatim copying of large portion (between 20-50%) or verbatim copying within more than one paper by the same author(s).
- Level Three pertains to the uncredited verbatim copying of individual elements (paragraph(s), sentence(s), illustration(s), etc.) resulting in a significant portion (up to 20%) within a paper.
- Level Four pertains to uncredited improper paraphrasing of pages or paragraphs.
- Level Five pertains to the credited verbatim copying of a major portion of a paper without clear delineation. (e.g., quotes or indents)
What if the review of a claim results in a decision that plagiarism did occur?
There are several possible Corrective Actions that are available. Depending on the level of misconduct, one or all may be applied:
- Notice of violation in Xplore
- Prohibition from publishing in IEEE or periodical
- Rejection and return of papers in review and queues
- Referral to the IEEE Ethics and Member Conduct Committee
- Repeat offenders subject to increased penalty
Publication volunteers who review a Level 1 or Level 2 case may also choose to recommend an author-education course in place of a prohibition from publishing. This option requires approval from the IEEE PSPB Chair.
Travel grant will be afforded to the selected best (IEEE student members) research works.